Monday, December 21, 2009

How do I clear the pump on a Whirlpool AWO/R front loading washing machine?

We have been given a Whirlpool AWO/R 4205 washing machine (second hand) and a red warning light keeps appearing which states ';Clean Pump';. I have tried opening the screw-in plug at the bottom front of the machine, but this only seems to work for a short while. Please help, I'm busted and can't afford an engineer.How do I clear the pump on a Whirlpool AWO/R front loading washing machine?
Hello Michael B:





I had a problem where the pump would not drain the tub as fast. I ordered a new pump, and when I was removing the old pump, I found a quarter and nickel in the front of the pump.





You will need to remove the back panel and look for the pump on the bottom of the machine. It should have a rubber hose from the tub going to the pump. The hose will be held on with a clamp. Remove the clamp, and see if you can identify any objects in the pump inlet (lint, coins, stones, etc.). Remove any found objects and hook the pump back to the tub.





Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment